Chibi Girls: An Adult Coloring Book with Japanese Manga Drawings, Magical Fairies, and Cute Fantasy Animals

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,History & Criticism

Chibi Girls: An Adult Coloring Book with Japanese Manga Drawings, Magical Fairies, and Cute Fantasy Animals Details

No longer available.

Reviews

Update: I have been told that it is possible that this coloring book may have contained copyright infringing designs and that that was why it is now out of print. I have removed my video and images from the review but will retain the original review below in case what I have been told is in error.This is my first coloring book by Jade Summer. It is filled with 26 x 2 each designs (so, 52 rather than the 50 the back of the book states.) The designs are cute fantasy girls with pets and are drawn in manga style.The word chibi is a Japanese slang term for small person and while these little girls are small in stature, they are big in personality. They have cute expressions and the way the artist has matched the girl to the pet is very cute. There is a good bit of detail to the designs but not intricate and hard to color.What I also find interesting about the book is that it is published with black line drawings on white paper but the back of each page is black. That keeps leak through ink from showing but be warned, it does not keep ink from leaking through. Also, each design has a framing line at the outer edge and has an interesting shadow effect on one side to give a 3D impression to the design page.I also really appreciate that I am provided with two copies of each design. That makes it easy to share or to try two different colorways or mediums.This is what I experienced while coloring in this book and testing my coloring medium on the paper:26 x 2 each (total of 52) Manga Fantasy Girl and pet designsPrinted one side of the pagePaper is white on front and black on the back, thin, slightly rough and non-perforatedDesigns do not merge into the binding and there is plenty of room to cut out pages if you choose to do so. The designs have an interesting framing edgeGlue BindingAlcohol-based markers bleed through the page quickly and though you cannot see much on the back of the page, it can bleed through and ruin the next designWater-based markers bleed through in spots which can reach to the page below.Gel pens and India ink pens do not leave shadows on the back of the page as you cannot see it through the black paper.Coloring Pencils work well with this paper. I found that I could layers the same color for deeper pigment or multiple colors and I could blend easily using a pencils style blending stick. Both wax and oil based pencils worked well with the paper. Hard lead pencils can leave dents through the page.I like to use a blotter when working in the book whether my coloring medium is wet or dry. I use a page of card stock or several sheets of heavyweight paper under my working page. It keeps seeping ink and marring dents from ruining the pages below.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel